Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Mere people

HEB 13:5-6 NLT

Don’t love money; be satisfied with what you have. For God has said, “I will never fail you. I will never abandon you.” So we can say with confidence, “The Lord is my helper, so I will have no fear. What can mere people do to me?”

--------------

Is it possible you've made people into giants in your imagination? Has your envy grown others out of proportion?
The situation is that you look to others for your self worth. You feel insecure. You want what others have. You imagine the possession of things makes you valuable.
The accumulation of things does not give you value. We make this mistake when we say of the wealthy, "He's worth a million dollars!" A person may have at their disposal a vast amount of money and resources but this adds nothing to thier value.
Our value does not come from our wealth.

No comments: