Wednesday, November 20, 2013

The Thanksgiving of Obedience.

Psalms 119:7 NLT

As I learn your righteous regulations, I will thank you by living as I should!

-------------

You say you are thankful. You've felt the feelings of appreciation and you've mouthed the words. But genuine thankfulness is coupled with obedience.

One of the times I was visiting my parents in America my dad gave me some boots. I really appreciated the gift. The boots were great and I began to wear the boots nearly every day. I wrote dad and told him how grateful I was for the boots.
But some how their daily use was a constant reminder of my dad's generous love.  I'd think how fortunate I was to have the boots, how good they were for the cold, wet, rainy Sheffield hills.

God's word is meant to be used. Like a pair of good boots we need to be reminded of God's justice, his righteousness and goodness. We need to wear it. When the way is slippery or wet we can feel secure and protected. When the way is steep and rough we can feel supported.

Don't take the gift of truth and store it in the closet.

When  you trust and obey the Word of God you demonstrate your genuine thankfulness.

No comments: