Saturday, March 11, 2006

Thoughts from last trip to Belgium

We have left Sheffield feeling pretty good about how God is blessing and leading us these days. I suppose I should say all along life, but addmittedly I'm blind sometimes to the way God is blessing, growing and providing for us. I'm ashamed when I see things more clearly how I languish in shelfish pursuits when I'm not satisfied with what I think at the time God is doing for me.
Lyssa said, "I can leave with peace." What she was talking about was that things at home with the kids were better this past few days. Everyone was pitching in to work and nobody was having a fit. Daniel is much better.
The team meeting was very significant for our future. The Abbey team wants Michigan leaders, and Belgian ones to meet up over the next year to decide where we would become involved. This will effect where we live, work and such.
We also finished work well on Wednesday. So all in all we can enjoy this trip to Limburg looking for what God is about to do.

Lyssa and I both know a brokeness is what we have to show these past five years have prepared us for what lies ahead.


Our cottage is hard to find.

Isaiah 45:22 is a verse I want to remember. It is an invitation to me to turn to God. Verse 25 ends chapter 45 by saying that in the Lord Israel will be found righteous. It is amazing to think the hard hearted disobedient idol worshiping Israelites are found righteous. So we end the next chapter (46) with an assurance that God will accomplish what he planned. Further his plan is to bring his righteousness near and to save his stubborn people.

Matthew's party was very good. Then Marcel and Magda, Willy and
Marlene came to the cottage. Willy is picking us up for lunch this morning.

Sunday morning, we are getting up after having visited with so many people yesterday. Willy, Marlene, and all the kids, then at our place Bart and Gretje followed by Frank, Else, Naomi, and Tom. And lastly until morning Bianca and Linde. We asked each person what church our family should move to be part of.

Sport Quest Genk asked us to come and speak to the youth of Genk ages 12 to 14 this summer. We talked of many short trips to visit churches before summer.

No comments: