Friday, May 19, 2006

The end of an Era

Today is my last day working for Sheffield Hallam University Faculty of Organisation and Management as at the Languages Learning Support Technician.

I have been here nearly a year. I have enjoyed my job and learn a lot. Hopefully I have contributed in a positive way. I will miss many of the people I have worked with. I will miss the students. I will miss seeing the first skyscraper in Sheffield being built out my office window.

SHU (Sheffield Hallam University), is an interesting place. Always reforming, restructuring and rebuilding growing beyond it's capacity. With roughly 28,000 students and nearly 3,000 staff and large portions of the city real estate devoted to it you can image things can move by fits and starts.

Still SHU can be a relaxing, warm, friendly environment with a great mix of people from all walks of life, points of view and parts of the world.

I will miss it.

No comments: