Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Three Point Turn

I had a friend whose road was so very easy to miss I seemed to often drive by and then have to do a three point turn in the road to go back and proceed down the intended but missed road. I don't think I ever mastered that blind corner and the road from which you had to turn off was so highly banked up and crowned it wouldn't do to try a U-turn. So there I was forever relegated to the three pint turn. I felt like Homer Simpson. I guess I often feel like Homer (like just now, I had to re type Homer no less than four times because after all these years I still can't seem to time the shift key with certian other keys, let alone get the space between a capital I and a lowwer case w like in "I was")

Well this morning I was looking for the three point turn. I had got up late. It was my own fault ( but I really wanted to blame Lyssa and did blame Lyssa even though I knew I was to blame.)

I could easily make a list off all the reasons I felt "out of sorts"(my mother has used that phrase all my life and I dreaded to hear it! I guess it does communicate what is going on with me.)

As Lyssa said as we walked in to work. "It is a beautiful day."

I have so much to be thankful for and it would be much better to resit the urge to focus on those things which I feel like complaining about. I rather should rejoice! Yes Fionia, I need to learn to rejoice.

  1. God the Father hears, knows, and cares about my problems.
  2. God the Son has lived the knowing what it is like. And He wants to help too.
  3. My kids are helping with the painting and took inititive to move furniture about.
  4. Daniel is looking for work.
  5. My folks are here. ( I really do wish we could have more time. I think I miss some of the good times now since I want more than we will get.
  6. I am going to Belgium in a week or so.
  7. The sun is shining.
  8. Bethany has been wonderful.
  9. the place my parents is staying is very convienient.
  10. Our church family is very supportive.
  11. We have made it this far.
  12. God promised to take us all the way to his Son.
  13. My sins are forgiven.
  14. I have been afforded many many chances.
  15. Our application for citizenship goes out today!
  16. I have good friends who love the Lord and are loved by the Lord in the States, UK, and Belgium!
  17. I'm having lunch with Samuel today.
  18. We had good visits with Maria and family and Joan Simpson yesterday.
  19. Emily and Wendy's room is nearly done.
  20. I'm well fed and able to work.

3 comments:

FaithChristine said...

love, prayers and blessings to you all! Thanks for reminding me of the Gospel and reminding me to praise God! love and miss you all! ~ Faith

Anonymous said...

Somehow in all this list of good things, I am still hearing "...and yet..." Maybe I am wrong. It is a good thing to focus on the positive because the negative takes up so much of our lives. Take care. - ME

William Bode said...

Indeed you do hear the, "...and yet..."1 For my words are not just babble but the genuine expression of "take this cup from me.... not my will but thine"