Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Inverness

So I'm going to spend 24 hours plus on a coach journey from Sheffield to Inverness, via Glasgow and back! Why? well I do really like Scotland! My two previous visits have only made the allure all the more powerful. Second prior to working fulltime at Sheffield Hallam University I would have taken a guest like Meredith on a few trips around the English countryside. I'd at least have spent a few days out in Derbyshire near my home. But in the six months she has been with us I have hardly done anything special with Meredith. So when I relaized I had used almost all the holiday time doing important things and Meredith was about to leave to go back to the States I figured we had to break away and see something special before she left. National Express is running a deal where we could go anywhere in the UK for £18 return. That was a preatty good deal since it would have usually cost us two to go up that far north more than three times that much. So we are on our way to see the Loch Ness monster for ourselves. We leave on Friday morning and return Monday night.

2 comments:

FaithChristine said...

say hello to my relations up in inverness...that's where the fraser side of my family comes from! have always wanted to go there...have fun! ~ Faith

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you guys are getting to do something. Have fun! - R