Tuesday, February 07, 2006

We benefit from being made vulnerable and weak

Recently I have had sick children. I have had my own fears of medical problems. I have been burdened by a major shift in diet. I have had a number of friends have a loved one die. And I have had friends face the prospect of impeding death for a family member. Recently I have seen others face rejection, and the fear of loss of opportunites in school and work.

I know this all sounds like a downer; But it hasn't all been bad. I have also seen people get serious, look at life more realistically, listen to others, look to God, and with humility make changes.

We don't want to face hardship. But it seems to me if we didn;t we might never get around to the important things in life. We may never leave off the habits which are clogging our minds and keeping us from making progress towards greater things.

No comments: