Thursday, March 10, 2005

Growing love!

We've been sold a lie. Somehow we have been made to think that love is an exclusive emotion we direct towards one person and more importantly that special person directs towards us. But love, true love, is not simply a good feeling nor is it all that dependent on the object of its attention. We can quite amazingly love the unlovely regardless of thier response. And actually you can feel the genuine warmth of love when you love not for what you can get but when you begin to see people from God's point of view. Selflessly caring about people as we see them amazingly uniquely reflecting thier creator and having needs which we too have. I knew this love for the world but had lost it for a long time because my eyes were on me and on how I thought others viewed me. I failed to see God. I could only see others in a very limited selfish way. Seeing God as he is and myself as he does frees me to know real love for others.

No comments: