Friday, March 11, 2005

Joy?!

It has been a month (maybe a life time) of short nights followed by early mornings. This morning's reason for a short night is the departure of my parents. Last night at our church meeting we had a really especially great time of singing, prayer and studying the Bible. At the end of the meeting Tim gave each home a "Minute Bible" and said we could all read a page each day and this way we could all talk about the things we have been reading. Today's reading was about joy. I should be full of joy, and in fact I am. So much good has happen over the past few months. I am a new man in Christ and in these past few months my wonderful church family has helped me discover that a fresh. We have our settlement visa and I can work. I have enjoyed the best visit with my folks ever here in England. And yet I am typing out this entry on my phone while sitting here next to my mum in the airport. I'm waiting to say goodbye. Being separated from my folks isn't easy especially for my kids. We have a close family and we all love the Lord. My Parents are great examples of faith. And we are divided by the Atlantic. So I must have joy even in saying goodbye. And this we do for the sake of the kingdom, being confident of our burden and calling to help plant churches in Belgium.

No comments: