Thursday, March 17, 2005

Dietary supplements?

Jean is my grandmother on my mothers side.

For as long as I can remember Jean has taken a

gargantuan

cocktail of vitamins. Although this is not strictly true. I think I vaguely remember Grandma Jean crediting her

elixir

of longevity to our octogenarian German immigrant retired agricultural working neighbors, Bernie and Hertha. They took vitamins too.

Sometime in my fathers life before he was my current age he started taking vitamins each day.

And now each day so do I.

My dad is happy, I suppose my g-ma would be too.

One of the large capsules I down each day is cod liver oil. My older English friend remembers having to take that each day. I recently with in the past week saw an article suggesting because the English diet now contain so little fish that the population was becoming quite deficient in omega-3 fatty thing-a-ma-bobs. Sounds heinous.

Among the concoctian I administer myself is a couple of herbs Echinatia.

So the big question of the moment is, "Do you take dietary supplements?" Do you think they are any good for you?

No comments: