Saturday, March 05, 2005

Something wrong with the 007 image

I watched the last half of the World Is Not Enough a James Bond movie. Although I must confess I wanted to enjoy the movie; It really left me flat. A couple of reasons may be that I missed the first half, although I don't think so because I can come into a Bond usually at any point and I used to enjoy it. Another factor may have been that the last ten or 15 minutes of the movie were interrupted by the news and then after the news it was completed. Maybe the worst thing was the whole scene with John Clease and M looking for Bond at the end of the movie and sort of using a heat seeking infrared tracking device. You see a really hot body in bed that then gets even hotter and then you see a second body sort of crawl out from under the other. Where upon John Clease hits escape and blames the technology. I don't buy the whole womanizer, M is surprised and embarrassed ploy. I did think that there was more "cold blooded" killing on the part of Bond as well in this 007 movie. James Bond felt more hollow less man. I didn't want to be in his place. What is the world coming to when even his super great car was destroyed; And lastly there were these really far fetched fighting and helicopter saw disk things with the thugs who still can't hit any of the people who need to live to finish the movie,whose ineptness just brought it down to the comic value of the A team.
I was disappointed!
Or have they all been like this and I have just woke up enough to see it?


No comments: