Sunday, March 06, 2005

Walking to Forge Dam

Today we walked to forge dam from our home. Lyssa, Daniel, Emily, Wendy, Bethany, my Father, and I set out from 13 Holland Place to meet up with my mum, Niels, Sylvia and her mother and aunt. We meet at the far end of Endcliffe Park near the end of Rustlings road. While we walked along on a sunny day when the wind wasn't too strong and the temperature was just slightly brisk for me. Although I only wore a fleece over my short sleeve breathable wicking novadry sport shirt. I always try and wear a base layer like that and then a fleece and after in my bag if I need it a Gore-tex outer shell. Along the way we stopped at the Shepherds wheel a 16th century mill for crafting knives and cutlery. There were lots of them along the Porter Valley from Hunters Bar to Forge Dam. Niels and Sylvia and obviously Sylvia's mother and Aunt are all from Belgium. And the mum and Aunt don't speak much English and we don't speak much Flemish. So it was an interesting trip with Niels translating all the local history along the walk. I wish we could have went further past Forge Dam unto the Peaks and Ringinglow. I love the water fall on the path. I like the end of the walk just before you come out on the edge of the Moors. Oh well another time.
Oh and as Iwas looking for links for you to see about my walk Sus came on and chatted with me a bit. She sent me the following link http://www.bobsmiley.com/

No comments: