Tuesday, March 08, 2005

The big blue robe with more clothe

About a year ago I saw bath robes for sale at my then favorite retail outlet for Sporting Goods. In fact I could have been a Decathlon addict. Not that I spent much in there really. But I loved to "do the walk through" on my way home from when I worked at the Drum. Decathlon has a number of store brands you won't find anywhere else. For the water sports aficionado the Tribord brand makes great clothing and equipment. On the aforementioned "walk thorough" I noted that the Tribord big blue hooded beach bath robes were on less than half price. My black bath robe which I had been given as a gift a few years before was plagued with a huge unraveling hole. My beloved bath robe was becoming less and less and it was nearly embarrassing. So the sight of a really nice Tribord robe with a hood was more than I could take. But then, what size? Now I'm not really a very large person at all. Maybe I need to think more about slimming but when I look in the mirror I see a rather slight figure with less than a copious amount of flesh piled on the rack of bones. Maybe I am a bit of a chunk but my guess is I'm right and most people would say Bill is thin. Now the truth is I can get a bit of a gut but that doesn't translate to thicker legs, or more muscle on the shoulders and arms. Still it remains what size robe. I like big robes. I thought I'll get an extra large. I don't need it except I do have rather long arms compared to the rest of me. Now since I can wear a medium an extra large is already two sizes too big. But then I had this thought! I can get more clothe for the same price! So I got a XXXL! Yes that is right I got a triple Xtra Large. "Why?, "you may ask. So let me tell you. More clothe for the same money. Now usually Decathlon has good quality brands that wear well but now almost a year on mine is looking quite tatty. I'm thinking they were not meant to live in. Or they were not meant to sleep in. But mine is better than an extra blanket on a cold night. And now you know why I have a big blue tatty robe that is hooded and triple x!

No comments: