Saturday, March 05, 2005

Please could I be turning into my Dad?!

At some point I walk down stairs and sort through the many supplement bottles to find "my cocktail" of vitamins, cod liver oil, and herbal supplements. Having downed these next internet radio from Belgium's Radio 1 (no online station is quite as good) is browsed on over to on the dining room family computer while I lay out the Dutch Bible (given to me by Willy Maesen), the English (New American Standard Bible) and the Dutch to English dictionary. Ready now to prepare some porridge oats with water from the kettle and some fruit (such as a banana), so I can think about what God has to say to me today. I'd like to say I do all this and then head out to the gym every day but with guests and other things the regular morning trip to the gym has taken a back seat. I'm sure I can get back in the habit there too. So add in showers or bathroom time, along with checking email and other online tasks and you have at least an hour of my life each day. Or so I hope around an hour to a half an hour of each day is filled with the aforementioned routine. I know my father's routine has been established now for more than 30 years. and I know some of the elements of the routine differ significantly. But there is enough similar I have hope I am becomeing like my Father!

Now if I could only become more like my Father in Heaven!

No comments: