Monday, March 11, 2013

Everyone is following someone; Who is your Shepherd?

John 10:14-15, 27-30 NLT

“I am the good shepherd; I know my own sheep, and they know me,  just as my Father knows me and I know the Father. So I sacrifice my life for the sheep. 

My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me.  I give them eternal life, and they will never perish. No one can snatch them away from me,  for my Father has given them to me, and he is more powerful than anyone else. No one can snatch them from the Father’s hand.  The Father and I are one.”

***************************************

Do you listen to Jesus? Do you hear his voice? Do you follow Jesus?

Many people say they are following Jesus but they don't listen to his voice. They don't read the Bible. They don't agree with what Jesus says. Many people say they follow Jesus but they are not willing to do what Jesus did.
Jesus obeyed God the Father. So a person following Jesus would be trying to obey the Father. Jesus sacrificed his life by putting the interests of others ahead of his comfort. A person who was a sheep of Jesus would also live sacrificialy. Jesus went the way of the cross. If you are following Jesus then you too will take up your cross.
If you follow Jesus you are not afraid of death because God promises life. You don't have to cling to this life because God promises eternal life to his followers. Do you believe that God is promising to give you eternal life?

Are you really following Jesus? Is he really your Shepherd?

No comments: