Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Too much?

I try and write this blog about the Bible every day.
Every day I try to read the Bible and am changed by it.
I write for my own soul. 
I write to work out my own love of God.
I write for my wife so she is fed and nurtured every day by God's word. I write because even Jesus depended on the Word of God.
I write for my children. I want each of my children to know I'm searching the word of God for instructions on how to live.
I write because as I grew up I knew my own father was reading the Bible every day.
I write for my church and my Christian friends around the world because I want them to search God's word and find life as I have.
I write because I want to be corrected in my understanding of the Bible before I go off the rails.
I write in hopes that my friends that do not know Jesus will come to know him.
____
Deuteronomy 11:18-22 NLT
“So commit yourselves wholeheartedly to these words of mine. Tie them to your hands and wear them on your forehead as reminders. Teach them to your children. Talk about them when you are at home and when you are on the road, when you are going to bed and when you are getting up. Write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates, so that as long as the sky remains above the earth, you and your children may flourish in the land the Lord swore to give your ancestors. “Be careful to obey all these commands I am giving you. Show love to the Lord your God by walking in his ways and holding tightly to him.
Acts 2:42-47 NLT
All the believers devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching, and to fellowship, and to sharing in meals (including the Lord’s Supper ), and to prayer. A deep sense of awe came over them all, and the apostles performed many miraculous signs and wonders. And all the believers met together in one place and shared everything they had. They sold their property and possessions and shared the money with those in need. They worshiped together at the Temple each day, met in homes for the Lord’s Supper, and shared their meals with great joy and generosity — all the while praising God and enjoying the goodwill of all the people. And each day the Lord added to their fellowship those who were being saved.
Acts 17:11-12 NLT
And the people of Berea were more open-minded than those in Thessalonica, and they listened eagerly to Paul’s message. They searched the Scriptures day after day to see if Paul and Silas were teaching the truth. As a result, many Jews believed, as did many of the prominent Greek women and men.

D.L. Moody wrote on the fly-leaf of his Bible these words: "This book will keep me from sin, and sin will keep me from this Book." That is a true statement. The habit of reading God's Word daily will do more for the stability, purity, peace, joy and fruitfulness of the life of a Christian than any other one thing.

No comments: