Wednesday, February 13, 2013

If you were Shepherded by Jesus would you want?

Psalms 23:1-6 NLT

The Lord is my shepherd; I have all that I need. He lets me rest in green meadows; he leads me beside peaceful streams. He renews my strength. He guides me along right paths, bringing honor to his name. Even when I walk through the darkest valley, I will not be afraid, for you are close beside me. Your rod and your staff protect and comfort me. You prepare a feast for me in the presence of my enemies. You honor me by anointing my head with oil. My cup overflows with blessings. Surely your goodness and unfailing love will pursue me all the days of my life, and I will live in the house of the Lord forever.
************************************

If the Lord were your Shepherd would you want for anything good? Would you have all you need?

If the Lord Jesus were you're Shepherd would your soul lack enough rest?

If the Son of God were your Shepherd would your strength be being renewed?

If the Saviour of the World were your Shepherd would your life be on a path that was right and brought glory to his name? Wouldn't you have confidence God's was using the path he had set you on for good?

If the Victor of the Cross were you're Shepherd wouldn't you be more peaceful than you thought you'd be even as you faced death or near death situations?

If the Host with the most, thrower of the biggest party of all time, bridegroom of the marriage feast of the Lamb were your Shepherd wouldn't you be holding the golden ticket and laughing all the way to the buffet?

If the man who turned water to wine and multiplied bread were your Shepherd wouldn't you be grazing without a care in the world?

If the God of Abraham, Joseph and Moses were your Shepherd wouldn't you be pretty sure that God would keep his promise and make an impossible situation, even after years, come good? Couldn't he because of his promise and great love extravagantly welcome you into his kingdom?

Is Jesus your Shepherd or not?

Who are you following? Who's your Shepherd?

No comments: