Thursday, February 14, 2013

The Lord keeps me alive!

Psalms 54:1-7 NLT

Come with great power, O God, and rescue me! Defend me with your might. Listen to my prayer, O God. Pay attention to my plea. For strangers are attacking me; violent people are trying to kill me. They care nothing for God. Interlude But God is my helper. The Lord keeps me alive! May the evil plans of my enemies be turned against them. Do as you promised and put an end to them. I will sacrifice a voluntary offering to you; I will praise your name, O Lord , for it is good. For you have rescued me from my troubles and helped me to triumph over my enemies.

************************************

You can call out to God. You can ask him to rescue you. God will listen. God will answer. God will pay attention.

Have you found that there are people who ignore God? Are they the same people picking on you?

Although the writer of this Psalm is being attacked by evil people who act as if there is no God, he knows God is his helper.

Do you feel oppressed? Are you confident that God can give you victory?  Do you have faith in God?

See the situation was bad. The Psalmist is being oppressed, attacked for his faith, plotted against, troubled, and they are attempting to murder him.

Notice faith in God and trust in His rescue doesn't mean you won't have troubles!

It does mean you know you are not alone. It does mean you know there is justice from God. It does mean you can cry out in confidence that you are being heard.

Look at the difference between the psalmist and his enemies.

They care nothing for God.
He looks to God as a great defender.

They plan to take life.
He knows God keeps him alive.

They have evil plans.
He had plans to trust and voluntarily sacrifice.

Are you trusting the Lord with your life?

No comments: