Thursday, February 07, 2013

When is less more?

Proverbs 17:27-28 NLT

A truly wise person uses few words; a person with understanding is even-tempered. Even fools are thought wise when they keep silent; with their mouths shut, they seem intelligent.

***********************************

Usually I've got something to say, and then some. Some say I could talk for England.
So truly I'm at a loss for words when I read this message in the Bible. And thankfully it isn't a one off isolated message. There are a few places in God's word that warn us about our use of words.

We need to remember we're not as wise as we think we are. We don't know everything.

Words are powerful. In a world that is constantly bombarding us with words,  we need to choose ours carefully.

Lord, please be the King of my lips. Please let my words be like apples of gold in settings of silver.

No comments: