Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Is it really innocent or has it got you?

Proverbs 23:29-35 NLT

Who has anguish? Who has sorrow? Who is always fighting? Who is always complaining? Who has unnecessary bruises? Who has bloodshot eyes? It is the one who spends long hours in the taverns, trying out new drinks. Don’t gaze at the wine, seeing how red it is, how it sparkles in the cup, how smoothly it goes down. For in the end it bites like a poisonous snake; it stings like a viper. You will see hallucinations, and you will say crazy things. You will stagger like a sailor tossed at sea, clinging to a swaying mast. And you will say, “They hit me, but I didn’t feel it. I didn’t even know it when they beat me up. When will I wake up so I can look for another drink?”

***********************************

Drinking too much and making too much of drinking alcohol is a trap!

I've seen too many people who think being drunk is fun. I've seen too many people hurt by the "freedom" found at the bottom of a bottle.

It isn't clever and it's rather sad to see respectable people in positions of authority out of control because they've had to much to drink.

Read the warning above from God's word. Know your limit and then don't drink too much.

No comments: